• Completion of a two (2) year diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from a recognized institution (or equivalent)
• Possession of a valid Class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator's License
• Minimum of two (2) years experience related to grading, site servicing, and surface works.
• Experience with Leica based survey software (GPS, Redline, point file import and export, layout, quantity reporting)
• Experience with Carlson Land Development Software ( Civil Suite, CAD, cut and fill calculations, pond and pile calculations, as built plans)
• Experience with survey principles and applications as applied to site development.
• Experience estimating and quantity takeoffs for civil construction projects grading, site servicing, and surface works an asset.
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Pays high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Manage tendering documentation and tender scheduling.
• Complete tender take-offs and grading calculations
• Obtain subcontractor and materials pricing.
• Prepare estimates using HCSS software.
• Distribute Estimate Data with project administrators and operations staff.
• Support survey and operations staff using Leica based software
• Maintain survey data for each project from layout through to as built.
• 95% of time in office and 5% in the field
• Typically 45 hours per week, 7:30 – 5:30.
• Overtime is seasonal, but common.
• Annual Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000.
• RRSP matching program after two years.
• Benefits package available after one year.
• Profit sharing program after five years.
or send your resume:
Fort McMurray -
** Note for Eastern Canadians **
Airfare and accommodation may be provided upon request